2016 Opencast Community Summit
on Academic Video and Lecture Capture
Cologne, Germany, March 14th to 16th 2016
The Opencast community is a collaboration of individuals, higher education institutions and commercial organizations to discuss, define and document best practice for the management of audiovisual content in academia. The community
- develops its own open source lecture capture and video management system “Opencast”,
- shares experience with Opencast and related technologies,facilitates communication on adjacent topics (didactic, legal, organisational), and
- tries to identify future challenges and trends in academic video.
For the 2016 Opencast community summit (March 14th to 16th at the University of Cologne, Germany
) you are invited to submit a presentation on one of the following topics:
- Further development of Opencast as a software
- Experience in using Opencast for lecture capture / video management
- (Other) Technical solutions to support the use of educational media at your institution
- Best practises for the use of educational media at your institution
- Studies on the usage of educational media (teaching/learning, learning analytics etc.)
- Strategies to optimize management support for services related to academic video
Please send an abstract with a maximum of 300 words that describes your contribution until January 15th 2016 to email@example.com.
Typically, the Opencast summit sees three types of events:
- Presentation (30 minutes, including discussion)
- Lightning talks (15 minutes, including discussion)
- Workshops (1-2 hours)
We expect papers to focus the presentation format, but you are welcome to also suggest other activities.
Registration for the summit will be possible until a week before the meeting (March 4th). Please keep in mind registration for related activities (conference diner, evening events) will have to be made until the end of February. More information on how to register will be published soon.
The conference fee is 100€ for attendees.